There are a lot of laptop cooling pads on the market these days, and it can be tough to figure out which one is the best for your needs. So we’ve put together this guide with a few laptop coolers to help you choose a suitable cooling pad.
We’ll start by listing some of our favorite models, and then we’ll discuss what to look for in a cooling pad. We’ll also provide tips on how to use your cooling pad effectively. Let’s get started!
What Is The Best Laptop Cooling Pad?
With so many different models available, picking the right one can be difficult. To help you save time and money when searching for a cool laptop pad, the detailed guide below will help you in your decision-making process by providing you with the best laptop cooling pads on the market and one which fits your laptop (hopefully it’s one of the best laptops for programming).
Best Laptop Cooling Pads
1. Cooler Master Notepal X-Slim II
The Cooler Master Notepal X-Slim II is a great way to keep your laptop cool while you work. This slim and lightweight cooling pad is perfect for taking with you on the go and a large fan helps dissipate heat quickly. It also has a comfortable, adjustable design that lets you find the perfect viewing angle.
- Lightweight and slim design for easy portability
- Aids in heat dissipation to keep your laptop cool
- Ergonomic design for added comfort
- Built-in fan for maximum cooling power
- Rubberized feet prevent slipping
- Compatibility with a wide range of laptops
- Features a stylish and ergonomic design with a dimension of 17mm height, 510mm width, and 175 mm depth
- Lowers the temperature in laptops by up to 8ºC
- Built-in hard surface with scratch protection
- Dual USB ports mean the cooling pad also acts as a USB hub
Cooler Master Notepal X-Slim II is a laptop cooling pad that retails for around $35.
Cooler Master Notepal X-Slim is for people who want a durable laptop pad for a reasonable price.
2. Targus Chill Mat
Do you have a laptop that gets really hot? This cooling pad is designed to keep your laptop running cool, even when it’s under heavy use. It has four USB ports, two fans, and a large surface area, which helps with efficient cooling. Plus, the soft-grip material provides extra comfort for your wrists. If you’re looking for an easy way to keep your laptop cool, the Targus Chill Mat is a great option.
I personally use this cooling pad as a simple portable workstation for my tablet with a kickstand when I’m relaxing on the couch or in bed.
- The Targus Chill Mat is the perfect traveling companion for your laptop. It’s lightweight and compact, so it can go with you wherever you’re traveling.
- Four-port USB hub is built into the unit
- You are able to surf, edit video, game, or program for hours on end without feeling a thing due to the dual fans.
- The stand is designed with closed-cell foam that absorbs heat from beneath devices, while also providing foot space for users who prefer inputting data on their laptops without a keyboard or mouse support.
- Non-slip rubber on all four pads keeps it in place on top of any surface that doesn’t offer enough friction to support it under normal use.
- No need to hunt for batteries at it is completely USB powered.
- For those looking for an environmentally friendly option, Chill Mat is made of eco-friendly silicone material.
The Targus Chill Mat costs around $40.
The Targus Chill Mat is best for environmentally aware, on-the-go people.
3. Havit Laptop Cooler Cooler Pad
The Havit Laptop Cooler Cooler Pad portable laptop cooling pad is ultra-slim and doubles as an adjustable, ergonomic stand. Its built-in dual USB hub allows more devices to be connected while its lightweight construction makes this the perfect choice for those looking forward to trips abroad! Great value for the money.
- The design is slim and lightweight which makes the cooling pad easy to carry around.
- It can attach to your laptop or any other surface with its magnetic strip that adheres to it.
- There are 2 fans with adjustable speeds for maximum airflow to cool your laptop owing to an improved airflow design.
- A user will be able to extend their laptop’s service time by using this cooling pad as it has a longer life than most regular laptop stands or surfaces.
- Users will find it easier than ever before when they need to put the mat on their laptops because of how thin, lightweight and flexible the material is which means no more bending fingers trying to hold down heavier mats!
Havit Laptop Cooler Cooler Pad costs around $35.
The Havit Laptop Cooler Cooler Pad is for those laptop users who want something slim they can slip into their satchel next to their laptop.
4. Home BI Lap Desk
With its stylish body, the Lap Desk model from Home BI is the perfect way to cool down your desktop and relax! It feels well made so you know it will last a long time. Plus because of how lightweight yet powerful it really gets all those hot temps away with ease making any job easier for someone who has been using their laptop or computer nonstop throughout an entire workday.
- Stay productive and keep your laptop cool with the Home BI Lap Desk
- Enjoy gaming or working on your laptop for hours without worrying about a hot laptop
- The large surface area can comfortably hold a 17” laptop, cellphone and has an integrated mouse pad
- Keeps your neck and shoulders from getting sore with the ergonomic design
The Home BI Lap Desk retails for around $40.
Home BI Lap Desk is perfect for people who want to work in their home, its larger size with integrated mouse pad makes it too bulky for consistent travelers.
5. TopMate LCD Display Laptop Cooler
With five fans, including a larger center fan, and a small LCD screen to control them all with ease, the TopMate LCD Display Laptop Cooler adjustable angle cooler is well made as it can be set up in many different angles for your desired comfort level. The built-in dual USB ports complete the picture.
- Five fans with a larger central wind fan keep your laptop cool and give excellent cooling performance even during an intense gaming session.
- Adjustable height and angle for perfect viewing saving your neck from knotting
- Six fan speed settings allow you to cool according to your needs
- LCD control panel allows you to control the laptop’s fans and cooling modes
- Two USB ports allow it to double as a USB hub
- Very long cables included, so you are not tied to one spot
- Attractive design
The TopMate LCD Display Laptop Cooler costs about $30.
TopMate LCD Display Laptop Cooler is an excellent cooling pad for people who don’t mind a bit of flash and want a lot of mobility.
6. Klim Laptop Cooling Pad
The Klim Laptop Cooling Pad cool green glowing cooler is a sight to behold. It has an unusual shape, but it can be easily positioned with adjustable height settings and four silent fans that create interference-free space on your desk! This durable appliance also comes equipped with extra USB ports so you never need to worry about running out of power on the go – perfect if traveling!
- Klim Laptop Cooling Pad supports laptops to 16” giving you plenty of space for your mid-range laptops
- Reduces CPU temps by 6°C +/-
- Anti-slip design keeps your laptop secure
- Built-in USB Hub
- Adjustable height settings to help your posture
- Led Lights cannot be shut off without turning off the whole cooling pad
The Klim Laptop Cooling Pad retails for around $30.
The Klim Laptop Cooling Pad is best for use with gaming laptops where they are already drawing attention with lots of led lights and who have a more moderate-sized laptop.
What To Look For In A Laptop Cooling Pad
Many people enjoy using laptop cooling pads, but not everyone knows what they should be looking for when buying one. If you want to stay comfortable and keep your computer safe, then the following tips will help you with your search.
The first thing to think about when buying a laptop cooling pad is how you will be using it. If you need portability, then getting a small and lightweight model will save you the trouble of having to carry around something bulky and heavy.
However, if you plan on leaving your laptop in one place in your house or office, then you should look for a larger pad that will provide you with more configuration options and cooling capabilities.
Another thing to consider is the type of fan your laptop cooling pad uses. Cooling pads can either be powered by multiple fans or single, large fans. Multiple fan pads are great because they offer higher speeds; however, this also comes at a higher cost and noise level. Cooling pads that use large fans are usually cheaper and run slower but also make less noise.
Another factor when looking for a laptop cooling pad is how it attaches to your device. If you like to move around, need access to more than one USB port, or want your laptop elevated off your lap for back support there are different options.
Those who choose to invest in their comfort should take note of this if they use their laptop in bed or find themselves pulled up close to it while sitting in an armchair. All laptops have an air vent on one side for ventilation but some models are more susceptible than others due to factors such as design and the total thickness of their casing material.
Users who need to keep their laptops on desks should be careful about the distance between them and the cooling pad if they choose one that raises its level. Ergonomics can
The size of the laptop cooling pad also applies to users with limited desk space, students, or anyone else who has placed other items on their desks or tables.
The height of many models can be adjusted so you can line up their vents with the back of your laptop to improve cooling performance.
Some cooling pads are very loud when they are on, which is not only annoying but possibly distracting as well. If you work in a public place where noise can disturb others, look for one that has less powerful fans or more fan speeds allowing you to adjust for optimal airflow and noise levels. Alternatively, you could invest in a pair of earbuds to drown out its sound if you are the only one hearing it.
If you are using it for a gaming laptop then you need to make sure you can hear the action over the noise.
Other important factors to consider when looking for a laptop cooling pad include tubing, lighting and design elements, weight, and the material used in the construction of the pad. Also, make sure to check if your laptop cooling pad is compatible with your laptop model.
The best laptop cooling pads are models that are dependable, adjustable, and easy on the eyes as well as your computer. If you are using it on your lap, you should have pads that are not only durable but comfortable for light typing or watching movies while keeping your lap cool. Some of these benefits come with an added price tag but are worthwhile for those who want to make the most of their investment.
The last and most important thing you need to ensure is that the laptop cooling pad provides you with adequate cooling so you keep your laptop temps at reasonable levels.
A laptop cooling pad is an important accessory for any laptop owner. Not only does it keep your device from overheating and crashing, but it can also extend the life of your computer. So go ahead and purchase one today and keep your computer and lap safe.